Tuesday, October 22, 2013

You didn't call me...

Because humans have often lost the ability to detect 
      what is sacred, magical and special,
You have missed one simple fact --you didn't call me.
I was sent.
I was sent to laugh at your jokes,
To remind you that you are loved and very loveable.
I was sent to call your name with a voice that is not afraid,
To speak to you in quiet tones and whispers 
      that only my confidant can hear.
I was sent to give you a reason to miss that meeting,
To create sweet sanctuary in the middle of your life's war zone.
I was sent to dance with you late into the night, 
      and to feed you frosting with my pinky finger.
I was sent to rush you to the hospital, to have the extra key, 
       to massage you until your crushing migraine 
               is a welcome memory.
You didn't call me!!!
I simply hoped that you understood that every kiss was a gift 
      and not a mere biological response;
That every look was because 
      I hoped you were the center of my compass. 
I was willing to follow you anywhere.
And my heart...
Oh, this wounded heart of mine beat madly for you.
You didn't call me, though you did reach out the first time.
But I had a conversation with God well before you did.  
I got dressed and was ready for your phone call.
I didn't know where I was going.  
I just knew that I was sent.
I was sent to and for you.
Some people wonder why miracles don't happen anymore.  
They do. 
Many people just don't recognize them and put them into the trash 
      with the other things they don't understand.   
I am the one God made for you.
Sent.
Ready and able,
But, I have no choice but to move on because I know the quality 
      that is planted in me.
I must move on, slowly, because my heart is heavy,
      but move on I shall.
You didn't call me.
I was sent.
I just hoped that you and God were in on the grand invitation...

No comments: